The LED Beauty Shield is our newest lightweight at-home wearable hands-free skincare technology with 3 different LED colors with unique benefits for your skin. Enjoy the benefits of LED Photon Light Therapy in the convenience of your home, at work, wherever you want a quick beauty boost with zero downtime.
LED light doesn’t contain UV, so it’s 100% safe, with minimal to no adverse effects. It’s non-invasive, and there’s no downtime or redness. In fact, quite the opposite—you can usually rely on a quick 15 minute session for an immediate glow.
LED or "light-emitting diode,” works by emitting infrared light (causing heat) in specific wavelengths/spectrums, which have different skincare benefits. It has been shown to speed healing, boost anti-aging properties, and kill bad bacteria.
The LED Beauty Shield does not obstruct your view or require you to sit in place, plugged-in, for a length of time while using the beauty shield. After cleansing your skin, turn on the LED Beauty Shield to help optimize your favorite serums, moisturizers, or toners. By stimulating blood flow, the shield helps to rejuvenate dull/tired skin exposed to environmental factors.
There is no such thing as “over-doing” LED Therapy. To those with light-sensitivity, begin LED Treatment in a well-lit room. For therapeutic treatment, each light setting can be used for a recommended 15 minutes.
- RED Light Therapy: (Wavelength of 630nm) Used for its anti-aging benefits because of its ability to stimulate collagen and elastin production. Also believed to reduce cytokines, which cause inflammation.
- BLUE Light Therapy: (Wavelength of 470nm) Used for its anti-bacterial benefits and therefore used in acne treatment. This specific wavelength stimulates the production of oxygen radicals that kill P. Acnes bacteria (the acne-causing bacteria), without damaging the skin.
- AMBER Light Therapy: (Wavelength of 590nm) Used to flush waste from the skin, boost lymphatic flow and increase cellular growth, aiding in cell-turnover, or production of new skin cells.
The red light is the same red glow found in infrared saunas and is used to treat the outer layer of the skin, aka our epidermis. Our skin actually absorbs the light like a product, and it helps to stimulate collagen production, making red light the go-to for anti-aging effects like minimizing fine lines and wrinkles.
But that’s not all that the red wavelength can do. This stimulation of the epidermis also can have inflammation-reducing effects and can boost circulation. This is why it’s also great for healing, whether that is a wound elsewhere on the body, or skin that may have been picked or suffered an outbreak of any kind.
Blue light is best for acne-prone skin and existing, active breakouts because it targets the sebaceous oil glands and destroys acne-causing bacteria. It can also help decrease scarring from breakouts you’ve, ehem, picked.
Amber light handles the cleanup. It helps with age spots and melasma. It’s detoxifying and protective, as it helps to flush waste from the skin and the delicate channels just under our skin that we can blame for swelling and puffiness. Amber light works to boost lymphatic flow and increase cellular growth, aiding in cell-turnover, aka the production of new skin cells.
How To Use
Before you begin, ensure your shield is charged using provided Micro-USB cable (est. 30mins)
- Cleanse skin and apply your favorite porefect skincare serums, moisturizers, and toners
- Place the LED shield comfortably over your face
- Press the power button located on the left side of the device to start your LED therapy session
- To change your light source, press the power button to select between Red, Blue, or Amber depending on desired treatment therapy
- The shield is on a self-timer in 15-minute increments. To switch to another color or to use one color for more than 15 minutes, click the shield on again using the power button and select your color of choice.
- To power down press and hold the power button until the light has turned off (about 2-3 seconds)
- Wipe off the shield with a gentle cloth or cleansing wipe after each use and store in a cool, dry place
Feel free to enjoy any selection of LED Therapy until the battery runs out. There is no such thing as “over-doing” LED Therapy. To those with light-sensitivity, begin LED Treatment in a well-lit room. For therapeutic treatment, each light setting can be used for a recommended 15-20 minutes.